About Green America
Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982 that went by the name “Co-op America” until January 1, 2009. Our mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
At Green America:
- We mobilize people in their economic roles—as consumers, investors, workers, and business leaders.
- We focus on economic strategies—economic action to solve social and environmental problems.
- We empower people to take personal and collective action.
- We work on issues of social justice and environmental responsibility. We see issues of social justice and environmental responsibility as completely linked in the quest for a sustainable world. It’s what we mean when we say “green.”
- We work to stop abusive practices and to create healthy, just and sustainable practices.
Overall, we work for a world where all people have enough, where all communities are healthy and safe, and where the bounty of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come.
To learn more about our work, visit http://www.greenamerica.org.
ABOUT OUR BLOG
On our blog, we encourage dialogue about what a truly green society would look like. We welcome your comments, and we encourage free exchange of ideas. We believe that anything can be said in a respectful way that helps others to examine new ideas and reconsider established positions. We reserve the right to monitor our blog’s comments and remove comments that are not respectful.