After the media frenzy surrounding record sales on “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday,” Green America proposes a new annual shopping tradition, Green Tuesday.
Of course, we also recommend buying green all the time (not just on “Green Tuesday”), and we also highly encourage simple gifts, and non-consumer holidays. But… we also know that gift-giving is traditional for most families, and that buying a gift that is good for people AND the planet AND puts a smile on your loved one’s face, really does make the world a better place.
To that end, GreenDeals.org will be offering a total of 15 to 20 green products and coupons from members of our Green Business Network™, at discounts of 30 to 60 percent off, between now and next Tuesday (sort of like a “green Groupon”). Here are some deals you can expect to see within the next week:
- Jewelry made from recycled nuclear bomb equipment, by FromWartoPeace.com,
- Indoor mushroom garden kits (as featured in the Wall Street Journal);
- USDA organic-certified Organic Essence lip balms;
- Green auto (and bicycle!) memberships through the Better World Club; and
- Fair Trade and organic clothing for women and men from Indigenous Designs.
All you have to do is sign up today to get Green Deals in your inbox, and in the meantime, please weigh in below in the comments with your favorite simple and DIY gift ideas for the holidays.