April 23, 2014 / franteplitz

Obama Delays Keystone XL Decision; Cowboys & Indians Rally

The Cowboy and Indian Alliance Opposes the Keystone XL Pipeline

The Cowboy and Indian Alliance Opposes the keystone XL Pipeline

The Cowboy and Indian Alliance has five days of actions now underway in Washington, DC, culminating on April 26, 2014, to urge President Obama to reject the Keystone XL pipeline and to educate the public on the pipeline’s dangers. The Cowboy and Indian Alliance is a coalition of tribal communities, ranchers and farmers living along the proposed route for the KXL pipeline. Their goal is to “Reject & Defend” – that is — to reject this dirty and dangerous fossil fuel project and to defend the earth’s resources (land, water, and climate) for future generations. On April 26th, thousands will gather on the National Mall for a tipi ceremony and procession. A tipi will be decorated with the Indian names bestowed on President Obama by Montana’s Crow Nation and the Lakota tribe and with symbols for protection of land and water.

In a move embraced by those opposed to the pipeline, just as activists were preparing for this week of actions, the Obama administration decided to extend the review period on the Keystone XL pipeline. It now seems likely that a final decision on whether or not the KXL will be constructed will be made after the November 4 Congressional elections. On April 18, the Administration announced that more time was needed for federal agencies to review the 2.5 million public comments made on the KXL and also to see the outcome of a lawsuit in Nebraska concerning the pipeline’s route. In February, a Nebraskan district court overturned a law that permitted the pipeline and there is no set date for Nebraska’s Supreme Court to address the issue.

The pipeline has been in review by the State Department since 2008. There is more than sufficient evidence to conclude that this pipeline, for the export of tar sands oil, is not in the interest of the American people, nor in the interest of our planet. For those who can come to Washington, DC this Saturday, help us send the “reject and defend” message to the White House. Sign up today here.

1. roberthenryfischat / Apr 24 2014 4:36 am

Reblogged this on robert's space and commented:
    he better freeze it.

2. Sherrie / Apr 24 2014 7:55 am

Many thanks for posting this – the more exposure, the better. This, apparently is the only way it gets done;
    No matter how much we should be able to assume the right things would be done, based on the facts, well, we can’t.

3. fran teplitz / Apr 24 2014 12:57 pm

Yes — we need to do all we can to make visible the broad opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline and similar projects. Our national focus needs to be on cutting greenhouse emissions and investing in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The urgency is greater by the day.

4. Aqualusso Steam Shower / May 6 2014 11:35 am

Had been actually shopping for just a typical shower enclosures when I
    discovered this page, did not have any idea there was such a thing as a
    ‘steam shower enclosure’, incredible, may very well just may have to buy
    one

5. Desmond / Sep 2 2014 10:43 am

A great deal of functions and features on these steam showers,
    I’m keen on the multimedia opinion and also the
    lighting

6. steam shower uk / Sep 4 2014 12:26 am

I recently put in a steam shower unit, the best item i’ve bought for some
    time, children and family members love it, unable to see me moving back to traditional showers again

7. abby winters katherine / Sep 9 2014 8:25 am

Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?

I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers
    and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be great if
    you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

8. stockpair / Sep 10 2014 8:29 am

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

9. suivez nous / Sep 12 2014 2:58 pm

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really
    make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you
    got your theme. Thanks

10. prolexin igf-1 / Sep 21 2014 8:33 pm

This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something that helped
    me. Thank you!

11. steam shower uk / Sep 22 2014 9:58 pm

A large amount of quality guidance on this web site, want to have a steam
    shower unit inside my bathroom